Care Instructions for your Pâmoison Textiles
In order to provide the best care when cleaning your textile, we recommend the following :
100% Linen Textiles
(Reversible Cross-back Aprons and Kitchen Towels)
- Machine wash in Cold (or Warm not to exceed 38C) water, using your usual mild ecological laundry soap. Do not use chlorine bleach.
- Air dry for Aprons. For Kitchen Towels, machine dry at a very low setting for a few minutes, then hang until completely dry. This will produce fewer wrinkles than drying completely in machine on low, which is also acceptable. Linen dries very quickly!
- Ironing, if desired, can be done when the textile is still slightly damp.
In case of satins, you may use the Castille Soap from Savon des Cantons:
For colourless grease stains,
- Wet the stain with water, then wet the soap as well.
- Scrub the stain gently with the soap.
- Wait 2 hours, and then wash the textile with your regular laundry.
- Repeat if necessary, or continue with the above-mentioned instructions.
For set-in stains or coloured stains, wait overnight before adding textile to your regular laundry.
100% Canadian Alpaca Textiles
(Throws and Circular Scarves)
- Hand wash in cold water using a mild textile laundry soap (such as the free samples proposed by Pâmoison: Eucalan, Druide Biolove 2en1 Gel Wash, or The Green Beaver Baby Wash)
- Do not wring or twist the textile.
- Rinse gently using cold water, unless using Eucalan which is a no-rinse soap.
- Dry flat, straightening the sides. Turn over when half dry.
- Do not use chlorine bleach.
- Do not iron.
- Do not use washing machine or clothes dryer in order to avoid felting and distortion.
Finally, we recommend that you use your textiles often! Natural fibres improve with age and become softer with use.....no longer should lovely textiles be relegated to the linen closet or serve only as a display!